Two teams from St. Benildus College represented the school on Thursday night the 10/03/16 at the bond trader challenge which was hosted by Bank of Ireland at the Aviva Stadium.
The game taught a number of concepts;
- the laws of supply and demand
- the relationship between interest rates and inflation
- the importance of economic indicators
This was all done through a fun, interactive game.
The challenge begun with;
- an introduction to markets and trading
- an explanation on how to trade with bonds, shares & cash
- followed by a sample scenario
Students had to respond to real market scenarios and make decisions on how to manage their own bond portfolio. The challenge had 8 scored rounds and at the end of each trade, students were asked what decisions they made and why.
Students were also given a tour of the Aviva Stadium. It was a great success and thoroughly enjoyed by all.